Trailhead’s Tortilla “Souped Up” Ramen
Recipe Type: Soups
Description Add a southwest flair to your next pack of ramen with this easy recipe.
- 1 pk 3-ounces ramen (discard flavor packet)
- 1 t low sodium chicken bouillon
- 1 t mexican or fajita seasoning blend
- 1⁄4 t true lime powder (1 packet)
- 1 t diced dried carrots
- 1 t diced dried onions
- 1 t diced dried bell peppers
- 1 t diced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1⁄4 c corn chips
- 2 c water
- At home pack the dry seasoning ingredients in a small bag, seal tightly. Pack the ramen and the corn chips separately.
- Freezer bag method:
- Pack the seasoning and ramen in a quart freezer bag at home. Add 2 cups near boiling water to the bag. Seal tightly and put in a cozy for 10 minutes. Open up the bag and garnish with the chips.
- Insulated mug method:
- Add the seasoning blend to your mug, crush the ramen a bit and add on top. Cover with 2 cups boiling water, cover tightly and let sit for 10 minutes. Garnish with the corn chips.
- One pot method:
- Bring 2 cups water and the seasoning ingredients to a boil in your pot.
- After water has come to a boil, turn off heat and the add ramen noodles. Cover and let sit 5 minutes.
- Garnish with Fritos corn chips.
Trailhead used Frito Brand corn chips, they hold well up to the hot water and give plenty of flavor. Use what brand you prefer![br]If not watching sodium, by all means feel free to use the “flavor” packet that comes with the ramen. Spicy chicken flavor would work well.