Hikers Pantry Fudge
Recipe Type: Snacks
Description Quick and easy fudge – made from your hiker’s pantry!
- 1 1⁄2 c powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 c dry milk
- 1⁄4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pn salt
- 1⁄2 t pure vanilla extract
- 2 T unsalted butter
- 2 T water
- At home:
- Sift the powdered sugar and then measure it. Add it to a medium mixing bowl with the dry milk, cocoa powder and salt, stir together well.
- Meanwhile in a small saucepan over low heat melt the butter and water together.
- With a spoon, slowly add in the melted butter mixture, mixing well till combined. Add in the vanilla and beat till mixed in.
- Take a sandwich box and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray or butter it. Scoop the mixture into the box and pat out flat using the spoon or clean fingers.
- Cover tightly and let chill for 30 minutes or longer to set up. Carry in the box or pop out and wrap in plastic wrap or wax paper.
You can also add in nuts and dried fruit if you like, stir in at the end. Start with 1/4 cup total and add more as desired.[br]For a mocha flavor add in 1 to 3 teaspoon of instant coffee or espresso granules.