Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
Recipe Type: Dessert
Cuisine: No Cook
Description Totally fattening and minty
- 3 c semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cn 14-ounces condensed milk
- 1 c chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 c butter
- 1⁄2 c chopped fresh peppermint leaves
- At home:
- Wash and dry the peppermint leaves – they need to be 100% dry.
- Put the chocolate, butter and milk into a heatproof glass bowl and put that over a gently simmering pot of water on the stove. Using the double boiler method, slowly melt. Stir periodically. When melted, add the walnuts and peppermint leaves.
- Pour into a prepared pan. Put into the refrigerator till cold.
I love making fudge for backpacking trips. It is great for group trips. It is sweet, high in fat, easy to carry and almost everybody loves fudge.[br]All our fudge recipes are molded into an 8×8″ pan that is lined with parchment paper (butter the pan first and the paper will stay in place when pouring). Refrigerate after pouring, then pop out, take off paper. Trim the fudge (eat them scraps of course!), wrap in 2 layers of plastic wrap, then put it in a gallon storage bag for carrying. Most fudge will do fine up into the mid to high 60’s for temps. Fudge made at home should be eaten within a week or less. It does not have preservatives in it, as commercial items would.