Chewy Cereal Bars
Recipe Type: Snacks
Description Sugary and high in calories!
- 3⁄4 c corn syrup or honey
- 1⁄2 c packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 c peanut butter
- 5 c cereal of choice
- 1⁄2 c dried cranberries or golden raisins
- At home:
- Put the corn syrup and brown sugar in large saucepan, cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved and mixture is bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter Add cereal and fruit. Stir until well coated. (A silicone spatula works well)
- Press mixture into a buttered or sprayed 8×8″ pan. Press with spatula to make dense bars .
- Cut when cool into 9 bars, wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
Fair warning: while utterly addicting, don’t eat if you have funky dental work! They are sticky.[br]With homemade items try to eat your product within 3-4 days of baking it. Most homemade items can be frozen safely in advance (cut into individual portions, wrap, and store in large freezer bags.). Most frozen items are good for 1-2 months in a freezer.