Pesto Salmon Pasta
- 8-ounces small pasta shapes (less than 7 min. cooking time)
- 6-ounce salmon packet
- 1 packet dry pesto mix (0.5 oz)
- 1⁄4 tsp dried diced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup diced toasted pecans
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil or 1 packet
- 2 Tbsp shelf stable parmesan cheese
Pack the pasta and garlic in a zip top bag. For packing convenience use a packet of oil and 4 packets of Parmesan cheese, otherwise pack the cheese with the pecans in a small snack size bag. Tuck in the pesto packet and salmon pouch.
Bring 4 cups of the water to a boil, add in the pasta and cook for time on package. Drain pasta carefully. Add in the oil, ¾ cup water and pesto dry mix, stir in. Break up the salmon and stir in. Stir in the pecans and cheese. In cool weather you may wish to slowly heat the meal more over a low flame.