- 8 oounces pasta of choice, cook time under 7 minutes
- 1⁄4 cip toasted finely diced pine nuts or walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup shelf stable parmesan cheese
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup packed freshly picked stinging nettle leaves (urtica dioica)
- 1 1⁄4 tsp granulated garlic
Pack the pasta in a sandwich bag, the nuts and garlic in a small bag, the Parmesan cheese in a snack bag and the olive oi in a leak proof container.
In your pot bring a 1/4 cup water to a boil, add your nettle leaves, cover tightly and let steam a couple minutes (lower your stove’s flame). Drain off any water left, then chop the leaves as finely as you can. Add the olive oil to the nut bag, then add the nettles. Stir well and put aside.
Bring 4 cups water to a boil in your pot, add the pasta and cook for time on package. Drain carefully. Add pesto to pasta as desired, top liberally with the cheese.
The sauce can also be made at home, process in a blender or food processor till smooth. Feel free to use fresh Parmesan cheese if done this way.