- 4-ounces angel hair pasta
- 5-ounce can chicken breast, with pop top
- 2 Tbsp diced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup thinly sliced dried crimini mushrooms
- ¼ tsp diced dried garlic
- 2 Tbsp herbs de provence
- 2 Tbsp shelf stable parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil or 1 packet
Break the pasta in half and stash in a small zip top bag. In a sandwich bag pack the tomatoes and mushrooms. Crush the herbs with a small mortar and pestle, or rub with clean fingers – then pack in a snack size bag with the cheese and garlic. Stash the chicken can and oil packet with it.
Add the tomatoes and mushrooms to a 2 Liter pot along with 3 cups water. If at high altitude let soak for 10 to 15 minutes, otherwise put the pot on a high flame and bring to a boil. Add in the chicken, bring back to a boil, add in the pasta and gently boil for time on pasta package.
Drain off the remaining water, leaving behind a Tablespoon or two of pasta water. Add in the oil, toss and then toss in the seasoning bag. Let sit for a minute or two to meld and then enjoy!