BBQ Chicken Wraps
Recipe Type: Lunch
Cuisine: No Cook
Description Spicy & crunchy wraps
- 7 oz pouch chicken breast
- 2 flour tortillas (soft taco size)
- 1⁄4 c bbq sauce
- 2 oz pepper-jack cheese
- 1⁄4 c french fried onions
- At home:
- Pack the fried onions into a snack bag. Tuck in 2 paper towels with everything.
- In camp:
- Open up the chicken pouch and add in the BBQ sauce, stirring well to break up the chicken.
- Lay out a clean paper towel for each tortilla, divide the chicken between the two. Dice up a piece of cheese on each tortilla, then sprinkle on the onions. Roll up and enjoy!
- Take more of the fried onions as a side treat too!
BBQ is shelf stable and can be carried in a leak-proof container or you can use two tubs from a fast food restaurant. Pepper-jack cheese can be found at most grocery stores in sticks similar to string cheese, bring along 2 sticks. If you cannot find, carry 2 ounces of the cheese. Colby cheese or cheddar also works.[br]This recipe appeared on our column Trail Eats in Wa Trails Magazine November/December 2011 issue: http://www.wta.org/hp/trail-news/magazine