Recipe Type: Dry Mixes
Description Steamed muffins full of cheese and seasonings.
- 3⁄4 c baking mix
- 1⁄4 c freeze-dried mozzarella cheese
- 1 T tomato powder
- 1 t italian seasoning
- 6 T water
- Pack all the dry ingredients into a quart freezer bag.
- Add the 6 Tablespoons of water to the bag, seal and knead till well mixed. Be sure to get the corners as well. Divide the dough between the 4 muffin liners (see notes) and drop it in with a spoon or clean fingers.
- Fill your pan with about a cup of water. Add in the silicone liners, check the water – it should be over the feet and cover with the pot’s lid. Bring to a boil, lower the heat on your stove to a gentle simmering (on canister stoves this will be nearly the lowest setting). Time will be about 10 minutes to steam them. Resist checking for at least the first 7 minutes and if you crack the lid off, be sure to vent it so no steam runs down on the muffins.
- Take out and if desired carefully pop the edge of the liner back to pop the muffin out.
You will need a 2 Liter pan with a lid and 4 silicone muffin liners such as Wilton Silly Feet or 4 foil liners. If you don’t have the ones with feet you will need a riser to hold them up. See the Fauxbaker section for the how-to’s.[br]Find the freeze dried cheese and tomato powder at www.packitgourmet.com[br]For the baking mix, you can use a homemade versions on Trailcooking or you can use commercial mixes such as Bisquick©.