Vegan Dry Cream of Mushroom Soup Mix
Recipe Type: Dry Mixes
Cuisine: Dry Mixes
Instant cream of mushroom soup mix – vegan friendly.
- ½ cup Creamed Coconut, see notes on this
- 3 Tbsp Potato Starch
- 2 Tbsp dried shiitake mushrooms, crumbled
- 1 Tbsp veggie broth mix
- 1½ tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Makes about 10 Tablespoons, or 2 batches worth. Store in an airtight container, shake before using.
- To make soup, add 5 Tablespoons mix to 1 cup water, heat over a low flame till thickened, whisking preferably, constantly.
If in warmer temperatures (above mid 70′s), store the mix in the refrigerator, as creamed coconut will melt in higher temps.[br]Creamed coconut comes in bars. Chill the bar, wrapped,for a while, put on food grade gloves and finely grate with a box grater. Gently add grated coconut to a mason jar, store sealed (and if in hotter temps, store in the refrigerator).[br]Creamed coconut is similar to coconut butter, my method of grating makes it easy to use, where coconut butter is hard to get out of the jar.[br]I used potato starch, thinking of a good friend who can’t have cornstarch and is gluten-free as well. If, unlike me, you don’t have a vast and deep pantry full of odd flours in mason jars, just use cornstarch.