‘From Scratch’ Biscuit Mix
Recipe Type: Dry Mixes
Cuisine: Dry Mixes
Description Base biscuit mix for both savory and sweet items.
- 1 c all purpose flour
- 3 T dry milk
- 1 t baking powder
- 1⁄4 t kosher salt
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 c water
- In a quart freezer bag pack the dry ingredients, stirring well then sealing tightly. Tuck the oil in with it.
- Mix in the cool water, in the bag or in a small bowl, till well blended. Heat a nonstick frying pan lid or shallow/wide pot over a medium flame. Add in half the oil and heat up.
- Carefully add in the dough and pat out, using the empty bag or your spatula. Let bake for 5 minutes, lowering the flame as needed.
- Drizzle on the second half of the oil and flip over. Bake another 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- The large biscuit will be super puffy and moist inside. Split in half and top with whatever you crave.
Weight is 6 ounces dry.[br]For the oil, pack in a leak proof bottle or carry 2 packets.[br]Consider this a base mix for anything you can dream up.[br]Pizza? Split the recipe in half when it comes to baking. After flipping, top the baked side with sauce and cheese, it will melt as the back side cooks – top with a lid if you have one to speed up the melting.[br]Sweet? Add in sugar or honey, nuts, berries, fruit – chocolate chips….you get the idea![br]Also works well as small biscuits dropped in oil and fried up.