Parmesan Cheese Sauce Powder Mix
Recipe Type: Dry Mixes
Cuisine: Dry Mixes
Description DIY cheese sauce mix base.
- 1 c dry milk
- 1 1⁄2 t dried garlic
- 1⁄2 t onion powder (not onion salt)
- 1⁄2 t ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 c shelf stable parmesan or romano cheese
- Mix all ingredients and store in a tightly closed container (plastic bag or tub). Keeps for 4 months, stored away from heat. Long term storage in the refrigerator is a good choice.
- To use:
- Combine 1/4 cup mix with 2 tablespoons melted butter and 1/4 cup water.
Add salt to taste.[br]This mix works well with cooked and dehydrated pasta. 1/4 cup of the dry mix with 4 to 5 ounces of dehydrated pasta. (Weight after cooking/drying). Olive oil can be subbed for butter.[br]You can find dried cheeses from a number of companies online, to be used instead of Parmesan. Use dehydrated cheese, not freeze-dried though.