Hazelnut Chocolate Spread
Recipe Type: Dry Mixes
Cuisine: Dry Mixes
Description Homemade version of you-know-what.
- 2 c raw hazelnuts
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 c cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 t pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 t kosher salt
- 3 T hazelnut or vegetable oil
- Heat the oven to 400.
- Spread the nuts on a cookie sheet and roast until the nuts darken, about 10 minutes. Dampen a clean kitchen towel and rub the nuts in the towel to loosen the skins.
- Using a food processor or high power blender, grind the nuts to nut butter state. This will take up to 5 minutes.
- Add the powdered sugar, cocoa, vanilla, salt and oil and continue processing until well blended, about a minute more.
- The final spread should be smooth like creamy peanut butter. If it is too dry, slowly add in a bit more oil till you get the right texture.
- Store in a tightly sealed airtight container in the refrigerator. Use up within a week or so, as the oils can go stale. Like it will be hard to not eat it though!
One Tablespoon contains:[br]109 calories, 2 g protein, 8 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 9 g fat, 13 mg sodium.[br]Perfect hiker food, no? 😉