Cranberry Pan Biscuits
Recipe Type: Dry Mixes
Cuisine: Dry Mixes
Description Lightly sweet pan biscuits.
- 1 c baking mix
- 2 T dry milk
- 1 T sugar
- 1⁄4 c dried cranberries
- 2 T vegetable oil (2 packets)
- 2 T honey
- 1⁄2 c water
- Put all the dry ingredients in a sandwich bag and seal tightly. Pack the oil and honey with it.
- In camp:
- Add in the water (cool temperature) in the bag, push out the air, seal tightly and knead the bag for 30 seconds or until the water is mixed in.
- Heat a non-stick frypan or non-stick wide/shallow pot over a medium flame. Drizzle in half of the oil and heat up. Dump the batter in and spread out carefully. (You can use the bag to do this.) Lower the flame a bit and cook for 5 minutes. Drizzle the other half of oil over the top and carefully flip over. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- When golden brown and smelling awesome, take off the stove. Drizzle the honey over and let soak in.
If using a hot canister stove you may need to keep the flame at low and move the frypan above the heat – to avoid a burn in the center (where the flame is focused). If your stove can use one, a heat diffuser will prevent burns.[br]You can also make drop biscuits and proceed as above, this works best if you are using a smaller pan (under 7″).[br]Split the recipe in half for one person.