Lazy Gingerbread Cookies
Recipe Type: Dessert
Cuisine: One pot Meals
Description Pan fried cookies
- 7 1⁄2 oz gingerbread cake mix (see notes)
- 1⁄4 c diced candied ginger
- 1 T egg powder
- 1 T butter powder
- 2 T vegetable oil (2 packets)
- 1⁄4 c water
- At home:
- Bag the dry ingredients into a quart freezer bag, tuck the oil packets with it.
- In camp:
- Add 1 Tablespoon of the oil and 1/4 cup cool water to the bag. Seal tightly and knead gently till it is mixed.
- Heat a non-stick wide pot or frypan lid over a medium flame, add in half of the remaining of oil, heat through. Drop the batter in gently, either in small drops or one large “scone” like lump.
- Cook till browned, lowering the heat if needed, for about 5 minutes. Drizzle the remaining oil on top and flip. Cook till browned, about 3 to 5 minutes.
We used a 14 1/2 ounce box of Betty Crocker brand Gingerbread mix, found with the cake mixes. We split the box in half, using a digital kitchen scale for accuracy.[br]Egg powder: http://www.frontiercoop.com/products.php?ct=dfmbc&cn=Egg+Powder[br]Butter powder: http://www.frontiercoop.com/products.php?ct=dfmbc&cn=Butter+Powder[br]Candied ginger can be found at great prices in bulk bins and at Trader Joe’s with the dried fruit.[br]http://blog.trailcooking.com/2010/08/23/lazy-gingerbread-cookies/