Recipe Type: Dessert
Cuisine: One pot Meals
Description Easy homemade pudding.
- 1 1⁄2 T cornstarch
- 1 T unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 T white sugar
- 1 c dry milk
- 1 T butter powder
- 3⁄4 c water
- At home:
- Pack all the dry ingredients into a snack size zip top bag.
- Measurement note: 1 1/2 Tablespoons is 1 Tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons.
- In camp:
- Add the dry ingredients to your pot, slowly whisk in 3/4 cup cool water till the dry items are fully blended. Bring to a gentle simmer over a low flame, whisking often. For a thicker pudding make sure you let it come to a bubble.
- Eat warm or let sit and cool down, for a quicker cooling stash the pot in a snow patch or a cold creek.
Make it mocha by adding in 1/2 to 1 tsp freeze dried instant coffee or espresso. This is a sweet pudding so you may want to cut the sugar by 1 Tablespoon if you don’t have a sweet tooth.[br]Find butter powder online.