Not-Gorp Trail Mix/Breakfast Cereal
Recipe Type: Breakfast
Cuisine: No Cook
Description Cereal and gorp all in one
- 2 c quaker oatmeal squares® cereal
- 1⁄2 c Grapenut® cereal
- 1 c dried cherries
- 1⁄2 c dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 dried blueberries
- 1 c raw almonds
- 1 c hazelnuts
- 1⁄2 c macadamia nuts
- 1⁄2 c brazil nuts
- 1⁄2 c freeze-dried or dried banana slices
- 3 T dry milk
- At home pack everything but the milk powder in a sandwich bag. Pack the milk separately in a sandwich bag.
- Take out how much cereal you want. Combine the milk powder and 1 cup cold water in the milk bag – shake – pour over your Not-Gorp.
- For vegan, use soy or rice milk powder instead. For extra fattening, use coconut cream powder.
Cat usually takes a “part” to be a cup, then half-fill as many quart bags as it takes. She eats this often during the day, it also makes a great breakfast.[br]For the milk powder use any of the great ones out there – soy, rice, cow – plain, vanilla, carob, cocoa.