Crunchy granola makes an easy no-cook breakfast backpacking recipe.
Double Berry & Grain Granola
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups Barley Rolled Flakes
- ½ cup Brown Sesame Seeds
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds, finely chopped
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup neutral vegetable oil
- ¼ cup honey (or agave nectar or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup dried Dried Cranberries
Preheat the oven to 325°.
Mix the oats through sea salt in a large bowl. Whisk the honey, oil and vanilla together, pour over the oats and mix until combined.
Spread evenly on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Take out when golden and smelling done. Add in the raisins and cranberries, let cool fully. Store tightly sealed and use within 2 weeks. Granola will crisp up as it cools.
Makes about 2 quarts.