Granola is a great breakfast backpacking recipe, or as a trail mix to munch on.
Almond & Raisin Granola
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp neutral vegetable oil
- ¼ cup agave nectar (or honey or maple syrup)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, chopped fine
- 1/3 cup raisins
Preheat the oven to 325°.
Mix the oats through sea salt in a large bowl. Whisk the oil, agave, brown sugar and vanilla together, pour over the oats and mix until combined.
Spread evenly on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Add the almonds, bake for 15 minutes. Add in the raisins, let cool fully. Store tightly sealed and use within 2 weeks. Granola will crisp up as it cools.
Makes about 1 quart.