Potato Cheese Chowder
Recipe Type: Soups
Cuisine: One pot Meals
Description Hearty potato chowder, a large 1 or 2 smaller servings.
- 2 T butter powder
- 1 T diced dried celery
- 1 T diced dried onion
- 1 c dried hash browns
- 3 t lower sodium bouillon (veggie, beef or chicken)
- 1 T dried parsley
- 1⁄4 t paprika
- 1⁄4 t ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 c dry milk
- 2 oz cheddar cheese
- 3 c water
- Pack all the dry ingredients except for the milk in a sandwich bag. Pack the dry milk in a snack size bag.
- In your pot place the water and the potato bag, bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile dice up the cheese.
- Stir in the milk powder, then the cheese. Turn off the stove and let sit for a minute to melt.
For the hash browns you can find a couple types in grocery stores, often hidden with mashed potatoes so look if you don’t see them. The brand I used had salt added, taste before salting. You can also dry frozen hash browns at home and use those.[br]For the cheese, use either shelf stable cheddar or the real cheddar, depending on how long you will be gone – or how hot it is.[br]Dried celery flakes can be used, find those in the spice section of grocery stores.