Description Warming mushroom soup
Recipe type: Soups
Cuisine: One pot Meals
- 1 c crumbled dried mushrooms
- 1 T flour
- 2 t low sodium bouillon (beef or vegetable)
- 1⁄2 t dried lemon zest
- 1⁄2 t dried parsley
- 1⁄4 t dried garlic
- 1 T olive oil (1 packet)
- 2 1⁄2 c water
- At home pack the dry ingredients in a sandwich bag. Tuck the oil in with the bag.
- Add 1 cup of the water to cover the mushrooms. Seal bag tightly and let sit for at least 5 minutes, though 15 to 30 minutes is better. When ready drain off the remaining broth into a mug or bowl and set aside.
- Heat the oil in your pot over a low flame, add in the mushrooms and cook for a minute or so, constantly stirring. Add in the flour mixture and stir till combined.
- Add in the mushroom broth and stir till smooth. To that add in the remaining water. Stir well, raise the heat and bring to a boil. Lower to low flame, cover and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring periodically.
- Turn off the stove, season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired. Let cool if needed.