Creamy Tomato Soup
Recipe Type: Soups, Dinner
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, Insulated Mug Method, One Pot Meals
Description Thick tomato soup that also works as a great sauce.
- 1⁄2 c diced sundried tomatoes
- 2 T dry milk
- 1 T tomato powder
- 1 T diced dried onion
- 1 t butter powder
- 1⁄2 t sugar
- 1⁄2 t dry italian herb blend
- 1⁄4 t dried garlic
- 1⁄4 t ground black pepper
- 1 c water
- 1 T shelf stable bacon or bacon bits
- At home blend everything but the bacon in a blender till combined. Pack in a pint freezer or sandwich bag, adding in the bacon or fake bacon before sealing the bag.
- FBC method:
- Add near boiling water to the freezer bag. Stir well, seal tightly and put in a cozy for 10 minutes.
- Insulated mug method:
- Add boiling water to the dry ingredients. Stir well, cover tightly and let sit for 10 minutes.
- One pot method:
- Add dry ingredients to water in your pot. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Turn off the heat, cover tightly and let sit for 5 minutes.
- For all methods, add salt to taste, if desired.
It is a thick soup and would work well as a sauce over couscous or pasta. Adding a 7-ounce pouch of chicken will make a full meal for two, when used as a sauce.[br]For a vegetarian version use fake bacon bits, found in most grocery stores.