Creamy Potato Soup
Recipe Type: Dinner, Soups
Cuisine: Freezer Bag Cooking, Insulated Mug Method, One Pot Meals
Description A bulk mix for potato soup.
- 2 c instant mashed potatoes
- 1 3⁄4 c dry milk
- 1⁄2 c shelf stable parmesan cheese
- 2 T lower sodium bouillon (veggie, beef or chicken)
- 2 T diced dried onions
- 1 T dried parsley
- 1 t dried garlic
- 1⁄2 t ground pepper
- 1 t dried thyme
- At home mix the ingredients in a large bowl. Divide the soup mix up by 1/2 cup dry portions. Depending on if you will be using freezer bags or a mug to have your soup in, pack in quart freezer bags or sandwich bags.
- FBC method:
- Add 1 cup near boiling water to the bag and stir till smooth. Let cool a bit.
- Mug method:
- Add 1 cup boiling water to the dry mix in your mug and stir till smooth. Let cool a bit.
- One pot method:
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil, take off the heat and stir in the dry mix until smooth. Let cool a bit.
Creamy Potato Soup mix is a great way to get a potassium rich meal into you when you are so tired you can’t face eating. It is easy to mix up, and quite affordable. Carry a packet or two with you in your food bag, as a backup for cold evenings as well. It rehydrates easily in a freezer bag or in your mug.[br]You can add a couple Tablespoons shelf stable bacon or a 3 ounce packet of smoked salmon to make a hearty dinner. For extra richness add in a packet of olive oil with the water. Season to taste with salt and pepper as desired.