Beef & Veggie Couscous Soup
Description Thick hearty soup
Recipe type: Soups, Dinner
Cuisine: One pot Meals
- 1⁄2 c couscous
- 2 T diced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 T diced dried shallots or onion
- 1 T diced dried spinach
- 1 T cooked and dehydrated hamburger or 'beef' tvp
- 1 t dried garlic
- 1⁄8 t dried thyme
- 2 t low sodium beef bouillon
- 1 T shelf stable parmesan cheese
- 2 1⁄4 c water
- At home pack everything but the cheese in a sandwich bag. Put the cheese in a small bag.
- Cover the veggies with just enough cool water to cover, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups water to your pot and start heating up. Add in the veggie bag along with any remaining water. Bring to a boil, add in the couscous, stirring well. Simmer for a minute over a low flame. Turn off stove and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese.