Beef Curry Noodle Bowl
Recipe Type: Dinner, Soups
Cuisine: One pot Meals
Description Stick to your ribs soup.
- 1⁄2 c chopped jerky (regular or peppered)
- 1⁄2 c dried vegetable mix
- 1⁄4 c raisins
- 1 T mild curry powder
- 4 t lower sodium beef bouillon
- 1 t granulated garlic
- 6 oz package chuka soba noodles, crumbled
- At home:
- Pack everything through the garlic in a sandwich bag. Pack the chuka soba in a second sandwich bag.
- In camp:
- Add 4 cups water to your pot with the first bag and bring to a boil. Add in the noodles, return to a boil and let simmer gently for 3 minutes. Take off the stove, cover tightly and let sit for 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt, if desired.
Chuka soba noodles (also called chow mein noodles) can be found in the Asian section of most grocery stores and look similar to ramen but are not deep fried, in a pinch angel hair can be used or you can use 2 packs of ramen (toss the “flavor” packet).[br]Dried vegetable mix can be found in bulk sections at natural food stores or use freeze-dried vegetables such as Just Vegetables.[br]This recipe appeared in our column “Trail Eats” in Wa Trails Magazine, November/December 2011: http://www.wta.org/hp/trail-news/magazine