Triple Chocolate Cherry Fudge
Recipe Type: Snacks
Description High calorie super treat for winter camping!
- 1 1⁄4 c milk chocolate chips
- 1 c + 2 tbsp evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 c chocolate hazelnut spread (Nutella)
- 1 t pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 t kosher salt
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 c diced dried cherries
- 3⁄4 c diced toasted pecans
- At home:
- Line an 8″ x 8″ glass baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- Put milk chocolate chips, evaporated milk, chocolate hazelnut spread, vanilla, salt and semisweet chocolate chips into a medium pot and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth, about 5 minutes. Stir in cherries and pecans, then using a silicone spatula, pack into the pan. Smooth out the top.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap, put in refrigerator and chill until set, about 3 hours.
- Loosen fudge from dish and turn out onto a clean cutting board; remove and discard the parchment paper. Cut fudge into 20 pieces, store tightly wrapped in plastic wrap.
Nutrition[br]Per 1 piece (based on 20):[br]220 calories, 13g total fat, 40mg sodium, 3g protein[br]This recipe was my adaptation of Whole Food’s recipe: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/recipe.php?recipeId=2385