Rocky Road Fudge
Recipe Type: Snacks
Cuisine: No Cook
Description We call it ‘window pane’ fudge
- 1 pk 12-ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 pk 11-ounces butterscotch chips
- 1 pk 16-ounces mini marshmallows
- 1⁄2 c creamy peanut butter
- At home:
- Put the chips and peanut butter into a microwaveable bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes at 70%. Stir well. If needed microwave for another minute in 10-15 second intervals. When smooth, add in marshmallows and mix up. Spread in pan and cool.
I love making fudge for backpacking trips. It is great for group trips. It is sweet, high in fat, easy to carry and almost everybody loves fudge.[br]All our fudge recipes are molded into an 8×8″ pan that is lined with parchment paper (butter the pan first and the paper will stay in place when pouring). Refrigerate after pouring, then pop out, take off paper. Trim the fudge (eat them scraps of course!), wrap in 2 layers of plastic wrap, then put it in a gallon storage bag for carrying. Most fudge will do fine up into the mid to high 60’s for temps. Fudge made at home should be eaten within a week or less. It does not have preservatives in it, as commercial items would.[br]I made this fudge the first time on a hiking trip in the Olympic Mountains in winter. It is high in fat and fuels you all night.