Rendezvous’s Trail Bars
Recipe Type: Snacks
Cuisine: No Cook
Description Candy bar heaven
- 18 oz jar peanut butter
- 1 c honey
- 1⁄2 c butter
- 5 oz marshmallows (half a bag)
- 1 c dry milk
- 1 pk breakfast cereal (9 to 13 ounce size)
- 1 c mini m & m’s®
- At home:
- Melt together peanut butter, honey, butter and marshmallows, and bring to rolling boil, boil for about two minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in the dry milk until absorbed.
- Add in cereal and mix well.
- Spread in greased 9 x 13″ pan lined. Allow to cool for about 10 to 15 minutes, then spread mini M & M’s® over the top and squish in and flatten out, using a silicone spatula.
- Cool for another half hour, cut into bars, cooling completely, breaking into bars and package individually in snack-size zip storage bags or plastic wrap.
Version 2 – no honey, lots of chocolate:[br]1/2 cup butter[br]18 oz. jar peanut butter[br]2 cups miniature marshmallows[br]12 oz. bag semi-sweet chocolate morsels[br]1/2 cup dutch process cocoa,[br]1 cup instant dry milk[br]5 cups Kashi Go-Lean Crunch® cereal.[br]Bring the mixture up to a boil, pull off heat and proceed as above.[br]With homemade items try to eat your product within 3-4 days of baking it. Most homemade items can be frozen safely in advance (cut into individual portions, wrap, and store in large freezer bags.). Most frozen items are good for 1-2 months in a freezer.