- 1 c all purpose flour
- 2 T dry milk
- 1 t baking powder
- 1⁄4 t salt
- You will also need:
- A fire safe pan (no plastic or dipped handles) and vegetable oil.
- Pack the dry ingredients in a quart freezer or sandwich bag.
- Add enough water to make a soft dough to the dry ingredients in the bag.
- Mold rapidly with handling a little as possible into a cake, about 1 inch thick. Lay it in a well oiled pan.
- Hold over fire until a crust forms on bottom, then turn (flip the dough) over.
- Prop the pan at a angle in front of the fire exposing the top to the heat, cook until brown, about 15 minutes.
- Another version was to smear olive oil on one side, put in pan about 5 minutes, smear oil on the top and turn it over, and cook 10-15 minutes. This can be done over a stove instead of a fire.
- The results taste like a cross of a biscuit, and a pancake. Tastes better with honey.
For a vegan or dairy free version use soy or rice milk powder.