Chocolate Popcorn Trail Mix
Recipe Type: Snacks
Cuisine: No Cook
Description Crunchy trail snack
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 c popped microwave popcorn
- 1 c dried cranberries
- 2 c frosted mini wheat cereal
- At home in a microwaveable glass bowl melt chocolate on high 1 minute, take out and stir until fully melted. Add other items and toss fast to coat.
- Cool on a large sheet of wax or parchment paper. Store in plastic bags tightly sealed.
In summer bury your gorp/trail mixes deep in your pack.[br]Putting your trail mix into snack sized bags is a good idea for 2 reasons: 1) It keeps it fresh. 2) It keeps down dirty hands from double and triple dipping into the food. This cuts down on virus spreading while hiking with partners.