Chocolate Energy Balls
Recipe Type: Snacks
Cuisine: No Cook
Description Nut butter, honey, fruit and chocolate treats.
- 1⁄2 c nut butter of choice
- 3 T honey
- 1 t unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 c diced dried fruit blend
- 1⁄4 c mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 T shredded natural coconut, divided
- 2 T toasted sesame seeds
- In a small mixing bowl combine the nut butter, honey and cocoa, then stir in the dried fruit, chocolate chips and 1 Tbsp of the coconut, mix till well blended.
- Cover tightly and let chill for 1 to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Take two small bowls and put in one the remaining 2 Tbsp coconut and in the other bowl the toasted sesame seeds.
- Scoop out 1 Tablespoon sized balls, drop in either ball and coat lightly. Roll into a ball quickly then coat with more toppings.
- Store tightly sealed in the refrigerator till trail time.
I used cashew butter for mine – any nut butter will work, either smooth or chunky. If you use ‘natural’ style butters your balls will be softer (which is fine!) over peanut butter that doesn’t separate.[br]You can use other sweeteners as well, use what you like. Agave Nectar or maple syrup can be used for a vegan recipe.[br]On the dried fruit I used a blend from Trader Joe’s of golden raisins, cranberries, cherries and blueberries. Any dried berry or fruit will work but keep the size small and uniform.[br]When making the balls a 1 Tbsp sized ‘disher’ works great – they are often found in restaurant supply stores, used for making uniform cookies and other things. Well worth owning one![br]While these carry well, in hot weather they will soften quickly – consider them a 3 season treat!