Chocolate Cake Batter Energy Bars
- 1 cup puffed brown rice cereal (Puffed Brown Rice )
- ¼ cup old-fashioned oats, ground finely
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 Tbsp chocolate sprinkles or balls, divided (see note)
- 5 Tbsp honey, preferably raw
- 3 Tbsp natural peanut butter, chunky is fine, or other seed/nut butter of choice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt, if your nut butter is unsalted, otherwise skip
Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap, with plenty over hanging.
Mix the honey through vanilla (and salt if suing) in a large bowl. Toss the dry together in a large bowl, adding in 4 Tbsp of the pearls. Add the dry to the wet, stir till mixed. Pack into the lined bread pan, sprinkling the remaining 2 Tbsp pearls on top. Fold the overhanging wrap over the bars, press down firmly to pack. Refrigerate for a couple of hours until firmed, cut into bars.
Store in an airtight container, lined with parchment paper or plastic wrap, in the refrigerator.
I used cocoa pearls I found for cake decorating that were all natural. You can use whatever you prefer, a mix of colors is nice – such as milk, dark and white. Look in the cake decorating aisle or at restaurant supply stores that carry espresso supplies.