Sun Dried Tomato Tuna Tortellini
Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: One pot Meals
Description Cheese pasta tossed with tomatoes and flavored tuna.
- 8 oz cheese tortellini
- 1⁄4 c diced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1⁄4 c diced dried shallots
- 4 oz package tomato pesto flavored tuna
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil (1 packet)
- 1 T shelf stable parmesan cheese
- 4 c water
- At home pack the pasta and vegetables in a sandwich bag, sealing tightly. Pack the tuna, oil and cheese packets with it.
- Put the water and the contents of the pasta bag in your pot. Bring to a boil. Once the water boils, lower the heat on your stove and simmer for a couple minutes. Turn off the stove and let sit for 5 minutes. In cool temperatures put the pot in a cozy to retain heat.
- Drain off any remaining water carefully, then mix in the oil and tuna. Heat up if desired for a couple seconds, sprinkle in the cheese.
For the pasta, we used 3 Cheese Tortellini by Barilla. The flavored tuna was by Starkist.[br]The meal packaged weighs in at 15-ounces.[br]Nutritional stats are for for each serving, with the recipe making two servings:[br]674.5 calories, 25.5 grams fat, 33.5 grams protein, 7 grams fiber, 1155 mg sodium.[br]This was based on the products used, other brands will vary. To lower the sodium use plain tuna and look for tortellini with a lower sodium content.[br]For more flavor, add in more cheese.