Quick Pasta Your Way
Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: One pot Meals
Description Pasta your way!
- 1 ct suddenly pasta salad
- 4 oz bumblebee garlic and herb chicken pouch
- 2 T olive oil (or 2 packets)
- 1⁄2 c freeze-dried olives
- 1 oz string cheese
- At home pack the olives in a sandwich bag and tuck in with the pasta salad kit, oil, chicken and cheese.
- Bring 6 cups water to a boil in a 2 Liter pot. Add in the dry pasta and the olives. Cook for time on package.
- Meanwhile in the empty olive bag add 3 Tbsp water and the oil, add in the dry dressing mix. Stir till dissolved. Add in the chicken, with any juices, stir to break up.
- When the pasta is done drain carefully. Add it back to the pot, stir in the sauce and dice the cheese in.
Consider this recipe an open ended recipe. Use what you like and can find. Like pepperoni? Use it! Or whatever veggies you want. Make it veg friendly with no meat.[br]We used http://www.bettycrocker.com/products/suddenly-salad in Classic flavor. Find freeze dried olives and oil packets at www.packitgourmet.com For the chicken see here: http://www.bumblebee.com/chickenbreast/garlicandherb/[br]For the cheese carry single servings of string cheese.[br]You can use olives from a gourmet olive bar – many grocery stores have these now. Get about a 1/2 cup to a cup of your favorites. Pack in a sandwich bag (they are shelf stable) and cut up in camp. Add to the sauce (don’t boil).[br]For minimal cleanup you can cook the pasta as described and then make the sauce in a gallon freezer bag. Add the hot drained pasta to the bag and stir to coat. No pot cleanup that way!