Pesto Tomato Pasta
Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: One pot Meals
Description Basil-y one pot pasta.
- 1 t dried basil
- 1⁄2 t diced dried garlic
- 1⁄4 t ground black pepper
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil (1 packet)
- 2 T shelf stable parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 c water
- 4 oz uncooked small pasta shapes
- 1⁄4 c diced sun dried tomatoes
- At home:
- Pack the dry ingredients, except for cheese, in a sandwich bag. Pack the cheese in a small bag and tuck it and the oil in with the bag.
- In camp:
- Bring water and oil to a boil in your pot. Add in the pasta bag contents for time on pasta package. Lower the heat to maintain a gentle boil (medium or lower flame). When done, take off the stove, cover and let sit for a couple minutes more. Stir in the cheese.
Pick a small shape of pasta with a 7 minute or less cooking time to conserve fuel use.[br]Nutritional stats:[br]671 Calories / 20 grams Fat / 293 mg. Sodium / 6 grams Fiber / 17 grams Protein[br]Weight (dry):[br]6 ounces.[br]Season to taste, those who like salt may wish to add it or more cheese. This is an excellent choice for those following a low sodium diet. The recipe makes a smaller dish, those with large appetites may want to consider doubling it.[br]To make vegan friendly serve without cheese or use one of the many vegan-Parmesan instead!