Pesto Salmon Pasta
Description Pesto, pecans and salmon tossed with pasta.
Recipe type: Dinner
Cuisine: One pot Meals
- 8 oz small pasta shapes (less than 7 min. cooking time)
- 6 oz salmon packet
- 1 pkt dry pesto mix (0.5 oz)
- 1⁄4 t dried diced garlic
- 1⁄4 c diced toasted pecans
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil (1 packet)
- 2 T shelf stable parmesan cheese
- 4 3⁄4 c water
- At home:
- Pack the pasta and garlic in a zip top bag. For packing convenience use a packet of oil and 4 packets of Parmesan cheese, otherwise pack the cheese with the pecans in a small snack size bag. Tuck in the pesto packet and salmon pouch.
- Bring 4 cups of the water to a boil, add in the pasta and cook for time on package. Drain pasta carefully. Add in the oil, remaining ¾ cup water and pesto dry mix, stir in. Break up the salmon and stir in. Stir in the pecans and cheese. In cool weather you may wish to slowly heat the meal more over a low flame.
Find dry pesto mixes in the pasta sauce aisle or with the dry sauce/flavor mixes, depending on the store. Salmon pouches are found in most big stores, near the tuna. You can sub 2 3 ounce packets if you cannot find the big one. A 7 ounce chicken pouch can be subbed.