Pasta and Summer Veggies
Description Tons of veggies tossed with pasta.
Recipe type: Dinner
Cuisine: One pot Meals
- 4 oz uncooked small pasta shapes
- 1⁄4 c freeze-dried green beans
- 1⁄4 c freeze-dried sliced zucchini
- 1 c crumbled dried mushrooms
- 2 T diced sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 t seasoning mix of choice
- 1⁄4 t dried garlic
- 1⁄4 t ground black pepper
- 1 T italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 T olive oil (1 packet)
- 1 T shelf stable parmesan cheese
- 2 c water
- At home pack the pasta through black pepper in a sandwich bag. Put the bread crumbs and the cheese in small plastic bags. Pack with the oil.
- Bring 2 cups water and the oil to a boil. Add in the bag of dry ingredients and return to a boil. Lower the heat and gently boil for 7 minutes, stirring often. You will want to keep the pot’s lid at an angle to prevent splattering.
- Turn off the stove and let sit covered for a couple minutes. Add in the bread crumbs and toss, then add in as much cheese as you like and toss again.
To serve two for a small dinner or lunch add in a 7-ounce pouch of chicken breast with the water/oil at the start.