One Pot Pasta and Chicken
Description Hearty chicken-veggie-pasta
Recipe type: Dinner
Cuisine: One pot Meals
- 4 oz uncooked small pasta shapes
- 1 T diced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 T diced dried carrots
- 1 T diced dried onion
- 1 T freeze-dried green peas
- 1 1⁄2 t low sodium chicken bouillon
- 1⁄2 t dried chives
- 1⁄4 t granulated garlic
- 1⁄4 t ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 t dried thyme
- 3 oz pouch chicken (or 5 ounce poptop can)
- 1 T olive oil (1 packet)
- 1 T shelf stable parmesan cheese (2 packets)
- 1 1⁄2 c water
- At home pack all the dry ingredients through thyme in a sandwich bag. Tuck in the chicken pouch, oil packet and cheese packets.
- Add the water, oil , chicken (with any broth) and the pasta bag to a small pot. Bring to a boil, lower your flame to low and cook covered for 5 minutes. Stir often. Take off the stove and let sit for 5 minutes covered. In cooler weather use a pot cozy to retain heat.
- Stir well and add in the cheese.