Herbed Pasta de Provence
Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: One pot Meals
Description Herby pasta full of chicken, tomatoes and mushrooms.
- 4 oz angel hair pasta
- 5 oz can chicken breast
- 2 T diced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 c thinly sliced dried crimini mushrooms
- 1⁄4 t diced dried garlic
- 2 T herbes de provence
- 2 T shelf stable parmesan cheese
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil (1 packet)
- 3 c water
- At home:
- Break the pasta in half and stash in a small zip top bag. In a sandwich bag pack the tomatoes and mushrooms. Crush the herbs with a small mortar and pestle, or rub with clean fingers – then pack in a snack size bag with the cheese and garlic. Stash the chicken can and oil packet with it.
- In camp:
- Add the tomatoes and mushrooms to a 2 Liter pot along with 3 cups water. If at high altitude let soak for 10 to 15 minutes, otherwise put the pot on a high flame and bring to a boil. Add in the chicken, bring back to a boil, add in the pasta and gently boil for time on pasta package.
- Drain off the remaining water, leaving behind a Tablespoon or two of pasta water. Add in the oil, toss and then toss in the seasoning bag. Let sit for a minute or two to meld and then enjoy!
See the blog entry for all the details on products used, where to find them and many more photos:[br]http://blog.trailcooking.com/2009/10/04/recipe-re-do-pasta-with-herbes-d…