Gluten-Free & Vegan Peanut Noodles
Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: One pot Meals
- In a gallon freezer bag –
- 8 ounces rice noodles (stir fry noodle size), broken in half
- Mix at home, pack in a pint freezer bag or small container –
- ¼ cup natural chunky peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 2 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar, unseasoned
- Bring 4 cups water to boil, take out ½ cup, stir into peanut mixture till smooth, cover and set aside. Add the remaining water to the ice noodles (for FBC) or add the noodles to water in the pot. Let sit for time on package (about 8 minutes for mine). Drain water off, toss with sauce until coated.
- For a tasty touch, heat a non-stick 2 Liter pot over a medium flame, add the noodles, stir-fry until sizzling and turning golden. Dish up. Drizzle on more sweet chili sauce if desired (source it in packets here).
http://blog.trailcooking.com/2013/01/24/gluten-free-vegan-peanut-noodles/[br][br]The sauce carries fine for a day, due to the salt and vinegar. For more protein, bring along cooked and dried garbanzo beans (soak to rehydrate), a block of extra-firm shelf-stable tofu (dice and panfry, add to noodles) or if you eat meat, add in a can or pouch of gluten-free chicken. If pan-frying the noodles, a non-stick pan, that is very slick, is important. Otherwise the noodles will burn onto your pot![br]Nutritional Stats For Entire Recipe:[br]1,450 Calories / 50 grams Fat / 1,630 mg Sodium / 32 grams Protein / 4 grams Fiber