Chicken Stew And Dumplings
Recipe Type: Dinner, Soups
Cuisine: One pot Meals
Description Hearty one pot stew
- 1 c biscuit mix
- 1 T dry milk
- 1 t dried chives
- 1 t dried parsley
- 1⁄4 c diced dried vegetable mix
- 1 T diced dried onion
- 1 T diced dried potatoes
- 1⁄2 t dried crumbled parsley
- 4 t low sodium chicken bouillon
- 1⁄4 t dried garlic
- 1⁄4 t dried thyme
- 1 pk 7-ounce chicken
- 5 c water
- At home in a sandwich bag put the biscuit mix, dry milk, chives and first parsley. Mark add “1/3 cup water” and seal tightly. In another sandwich bag pack the dried vegetables, mark the bag “1/2 cup water”. In a small bag put the herbs and spices. Place with the chicken pouch.
- Cover the vegetables with the cool water called for and let soak for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add 4 cups water, both the broth and vegetable bags and the chicken with any broth to your pot. Bring to a boil, lower the heat a bit on your stove and keep simmering at a low boil. Taste the broth and salt to taste, if desired.
- Meanwhile mix up the biscuit mix in its bag with water called for, push out any air, seal the bag and knead till mixed.
- Snip a corner on the bag and start squeezing out dumplings. Let them simmer on the soup, with lid on for 5 minutes or till the dumplings are steamed and done.
See the accompanying video: https://youtu.be/on6YHtOcTNo