Chicken and Peas
Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: One pot Meals
Description A large one pot meal for three.
- 12 oz small pasta shapes
- 1⁄4 c diced sun dried tomatoes
- 1⁄4 c freeze dried green peas
- 4 pkt lower sodium chicken broth concentrate
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil (1 packet)
- 4 pkt soy sauce
- 7 oz package chicken breast
- 1⁄4 c shelf stable parmesan cheese
- 4 1⁄2 c water
- In a large pot (2 Liter or bigger), bring water to a boil, along with the broth concentrate and oil. Add in pasta, vegetables and chicken. Bring back to a boil and cook for time on package. lowering the flame as needed, to maintain a simmer.
- Turn off the stove, stir in the soy sauce, then the Parmesan cheese, then let sit for a couple minutes to thicken up.
For the pasta, look for small shapes that cook in under 7 minutes time. Look for lower sodium soy sauce to control the amount of salt. For broth concentrate sticks, look at Trader Joe’s. If you cannot find them, use your favorite lower sodium bouillon powder instead.