Chicken Green Bean Mac & Cheese
Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: One pot Meals
Description Dress up boxed Mac n’ Cheese
- 6 oz box organic mac n’ cheese
- 1⁄3 c freeze-dried geen beans
- 1⁄4 c shelf stable parmesan cheese
- 2 T dry milk
- 1 t dried chives
- 1⁄4 t dried garlic
- 1⁄4 t ground black pepper
- 1 T olive oil (1 packet)
- 1 cn 5-ounces chicken
- 4 c water
- At home pack the dry pasta and green beans in sandwich bag. Mark the cooking time on the bag from the pasta box.
- Pack the cheese sauce powder; dry milk, Parmesan and spices into a snack bag. Also pack the oil and chicken containers.
- Bring the water to boil in a 2L non-stick pot. Add in the pasta and beans and cook for time on package.
- Drain off remaining water, holding back 1/4 cup water for the sauce. Add in the oil, chicken with broth and the dry ingredients. Mix to blend well. Turn the stove back on to low and cook the pasta dish till the sauce is bubbling and thickened.
This quickly pulls together using a few simple items and is cooked using the one pot method. I used Simply Organic’s mac & cheese, though any brand would work (and yes, you can use regular if you like – I avoid non-organic ones as they often have artificial dyes added to make it orange.) Other good versions include Annie’s, Trader Joe’s and Kraft.