Chicken Cheddar Polenta
Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: One pot Meals
Description Spicy polenta
- 1⁄4 c instant (1 minute) polenta
- 1 t butter powder
- 1⁄4 t dried garlic
- 1 t red pepper flakes
- 1 oz cheddar cheese
- 1 c water
- 1 cn 3 ounces chicken
- At home pack the dry ingredients in a small bag, tucking with the chicken and cheese.
- Cube up the cheese and set aside.
- In your pot or mug bring the water to a boil. Lower the heat to medium, add in the dry ingredients and start stirring rapidly. Meanwhile lower the stove to as low as it will go. Be careful with the heat – polenta can be a mini-volcano if you don’t lower the heat fast!
- Cook for 1 minute. Turn off the heat and add in the chicken (with any broth) along with the cheese. Stir in till melted. The polenta will get stiff as it sits and cools.
This is a very fast meal to make – it can be done in a pot or a Titanium or steel mug. It is a great fall meal – it warms you up on cold days. The combination of quick cooking polenta, chicken, cheese and spicy red pepper flakes will fuel you.