Bangers n’ Mash
Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: One pot Meals
Description An inspired take on B n’ M
- 1 T dried onion
- 1 pkt brown gravy mix
- 1 T vegetable oil (1 packet)
- 5 oz vienna sausages can
- 1 1⁄3 c instant mashed potatoes
- 2 T dry milk
- 2 T butter powder
- 4 1⁄4 c water
- 1 pkt freeze-dried peas
- At home:
- Pack the onions in a snack size zip top bag, tuck the gravy packet, oil packets and Vienna sausages with it. Put the potatoes, dry milk and butter powder in a quart freezer bag. Add the pea packet along with it.
- In camp:
- Add the 2 Tablespoons of water to the onion, let set aside for 15 minutes (you can use warm water to speed it up). Bring 3 cups water to a boil, add 1 cup to the pea package, seal tightly. Add 2 cups to the the potato bag, stirring well. Seal tightly and put the potatoes and the peas into a cozy to keep warm.
- In the pan add the oil and heat over a medium flame. Drain the sausages and add in, shaking to brown evenly. Add in the onions just after the sausages and cook till all is browned.
- Shake in the gravy powder and 1 cup cold water. Stir till bubbling and thickened (it takes about 30 seconds to a minute).
- Take off the stove, plate up the potatoes and divide the gravy and sausages. Drain off any remaining water in the peas and then divide.