Artichoke & Mozzarella Pasta
Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: Vegetarian, One Pot Meals
Description Easy grocery store finds.
- 1 pk suddenly salad classic flavor
- 1 pkt extra virgin olive oil (1 packet)
- 2 string cheese
- 1 pk marinated artichoke hearts
- 4 c water
- At home:
- Open the artichokes and pack in a tightly sealed and double bagged sandwich bag. Be sure to pack the marinated liquid as well! If large quarters, roughly chop up first.
- Open the salad box and take out the pasta and flavor packets. Tuck them, the cheese and the oil packet in your food bag. Pack a new/clean gallon freezer bag as well.
- In camp:
- Put the water in a 2 Liter pot along with the pasta. Bring to a boil and simmer on a gentle boil for 5 to 8 minutes. Turn off the stove and let sit for another 5 minutes to finish cooking. In cool weather or high altitude use a pot cozy to insulate.
- Meanwhile, in the clean freezer bag add the water called for on the instructions (usually 3 Tablespoons), the packet of oil and the marinated artichokes with liquid. Seal the bag and massage till mixed. Slice the cheese thinly and add in.
- Drain the pasta and add into the bag, stirring well to coat. Serve up!
For more information on the pasta, see here:[br]http://www.bettycrocker.com/products/suddenly-salad/Products.htm[br]Find string cheese in the cheese aisle of all grocery stores.[br]Marinated artichokes are found in the canned vegetable aisle as well as often in the produce department. Pick up the small jar, around 2 to 4 ounces.[br]Packets of olive oil can be found at www.packitgourmet.com and www.minimus.biz