Tuna Lemon Couscous Salad
Recipe Type: Lunch
Cuisine: No Cook
Description Quick no cook high protein salad.
- 1⁄3 c couscous
- 1 t onion powder (not onion salt!)
- 1 t dried mint flakes
- 1⁄4 t true lemon powder
- 1⁄4 t ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 oz packet shelf stable balsamic vinaigrette or Italian dressing
- 3 oz pouch albacore tuna
- 1⁄3 c cool water
- At home pack the couscous, mint, onion, True Lemon and pepper in a pint freezer bag or a sandwich bag. Tuck in the tuna and dressing packets with it.
- Add the cool water and dressing to the bag. Stir well, seal tightly and let sit for 10 minutes. Fluff up and stir in the tuna. If you like it, dust with some Parmesan cheese.
True Lemon powder can be found in most grocery stores, often in the sugar aisle. You can also pack a lemon juice packet instead.[br]Find shelf stable dressing packets at www.packitgourmet.com and www.minimus.biz[br]On the tuna packs – they range in size from 2 to 3 ounces, depending on brand. Pick the one you like![br]Dry weight of packed meal is 7 ounces.