Description Tuna "salad" taken a step up. Serve with crackers, roll up in a tortilla or on a roll. Also great tossed with hot pasta for a quick dinner.
Recipe type: Lunch
Cuisine: No Cook
Serves: 1 to 2
- 1⁄4 c diced sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 T diced dried onions
- 1 t dried parsley
- 1⁄2 t dried oregano
- 1⁄4 t diced dried garlic
- 1⁄4 t ground black pepper
- 1 pk 3-ounce albacore tuna or 1 2.6 ounce pouch oil packed
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil (1 packet)
- 2 flour tortillas or 4 slices bread
- 1 oz cheese
- At home: In a sandwich bag pack the dry ingredients, sealing tightly. Pack along with the tuna package, oil, tortillas and cheese. Add ¼ cup cool water and the oil to the vegetable bag. Seal tightly and let sit for 15 to 30 minutes, or until fully rehydrated. Dice up the cheese and add it and the tuna to the bag and stir till combined. Spread on the tortillas and roll up.
We did a re-visit to this recipe: http://blog.trailcooking.com/2012/07/21/recipe-re-dos-tuna-bruschetta-sammies/