Pecan Chicken Salad
Recipe Type: Lunch
Cuisine: No Cook
Description High protein quick lunch.
- 3 oz pouch or can chicken breast
- 1 pkt shelf stable balsamic dressing packet
- 1⁄4 c finely chopped pecans
- Pack the nuts in a snack size bag and tuck in with the chicken and dressing pouches.
- Rip the chicken pouch open, flex the bottom open so it makes a “bowl”. Add in the nuts and dressing, stir well. Let sit for a couple minutes to meld flavors.
- Eat out of pouch or as a sammie.
1/4 cup dried sweetened cranberries packed with the nuts gives a great texture.[br]On the dressing, use whatever shelf stable packet you prefer – ranch and buttermilk also work well. Look for a 1 ounce or close for size.