Lentil Couscous Salad
Recipe Type: Lunch
Cuisine: No Cook
Description High protein no-cook salad.
- 1⁄3 c whole wheat couscous
- 1⁄4 c cooked and dehydrated lentils
- 1 T diced dried shallots or onion
- 1 T diced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 oz shelf stable balsamic dressing packet
- 2⁄3 c water
- At home:
- Pack the dry ingredients in a pint freezer or sandwich bag. Place the dressing packet with it.
- At camp:
- Add the dressing and 2/3 cup cool water to the bag. Stir well, seal tightly and let sit for 10 to 20 minutes to rehydrate. Stir well and season if needed.
This salad is great as is, or used in wraps as a filling with cheese diced in. Can be made hot as well. For the dressing packets, use what you prefer brand wise and can find. Look in grocery store delis and the dressing aisle for packets.[br]If one wants higher fat, use either a full fat dressing packet or add in 1 Tablespoon (1 packet) extra virgin olive oil at the end.[br]Nutritional stats for products used:[br]Weight: 5 ounces / 386 calories / 3 grams fat / 282 mg sodium / 13 grams fiber / 17 grams protein